Why this Blog...








My motivation to write all about myself was to share the mere experience of being human. As a zoologist I studied animals of all forms, but humans eluded me. I grew curious as I lived my life, caught between the animal and the cultural halves of being a human. We are bizarre beings; our thoughts are habitually unfounded and our actions have a way of their own. We do lot of thinking but our actions are often inappropriate. We hate other humans but end up copying them. We seem to invite chaos but lecture on organization. We look for competition but relish cooperation. We talk of privacy but post every activity online. We chase pleasure for happiness and seek happiness through pleasure. We are a bag of confusion. Then how did we become what we are?

Our living needs are of animal origin but we have elevated ourselves higher through the power of our mind. Mind is what made us human, a being, self-aware, conscious, intelligent. But we fail to explain why we are ready to jump to death to save another life. The body fears death but the mind chases death. Certainly, we have moved away from being animal. We have left survivorship and satiation and made purpose our singular quest. Purpose made us taskmasters and through it we found our true identity. 

However, we also blame our mind for conflict, unease and misery. We try to smother thoughts and numb our feelings, intoxicating and poisoning ourselves to get away at the first opportunity. Little do we realize that with the aid of the mind and its never-ceasing thoughts, we have created a wonder-filled life around us and brought joy and happiness into our lives. With it, we have created God, constructed spiritual pathways, firmed cultures, invented tools, found cures, developed artificial intelligence, and realized consciousness.

This Blog is my journey through a world as I understood it best. A narration of me and my urge, constantly shifting between an inner spirit and outer demands, and finally hitting a finish line. This book is not my autobiography, nor a narrative shifting from step to stage, but a story. A story of incidents, experiences and thoughts which eventually yielded what I am. This is a story which helped me discover myself, and to the readers a reminder that they, too, have their own to tell.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does Religion and Business Mix?

Mind, Body and Culture are in conflict !

Dodging past a pandemic first hand !